Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Passion for Fervent Prayer in Church



I was always convinced in my heart that prayer is very vital in the ministry of the church. Now that conviction is becoming an unbridled passion of my heart. There were times when the Lord moved me to lead the church in prolonged prayers, even with fasting. Now, it has gripped my heart like never before that we should give ourselves to fervent prayer. A stronger and more vibrant prayer ministry in the church is my heart’s passion! O that men and women might pray day and night and the power, wisdom and provisions of God might fill every ministry of the church for the salvation of thousands of souls in Singapore and around the world and for the establishment of churches around the world.

Gethsemaneans, come and join the ‘Prayer-Partners’ ministry in the church. Let us humble ourselves and seek His face. He is our only help, our only guide. Jesus told us “without me ye can do nothing” (John 15:5). Then He said, “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples” (John 15:7-8). Let us obey our Lord and pray that we may be fruitful.
Let us not only to come for prayer on Tuesday nights, but let us also more often unite our hearts in small groups and pray from different places.
My brethren, I plead, let us seek His face that His countenance may shine upon all our Gospel frontiers.

No comments: